- LABBB BEST BUDDIES CRAFT FAIR – Join us in supporting LABBB students and getting in the holiday spirit! Find unique handmade gifts from a variety of vendors. See friends. Enjoy food and listen to music. Proceeds benefit the LABBB Best Buddies Organization. The LABBB Collaborative helps students with special needs reach their full potential through high quality programs that integrate academic, social, recreational and vocational services and enable participation in the least restrictive environment.
When : Saturday, December 2, 9:00 AM – 3:00 PM
Where: Lexington High School Cafeteria, 251 Waltham Street, Lexington. * Free parking *No entrance fee *Pizza & BBQ available for lunch purchase *Coffee and donuts available for breakfast purchase. *Please consider bringing a coat to donate to the Lexington Lions Club.
- Parent Forum: Your Middle School Student and Substances- What Are They Learning and What You Should Know Come to this important session led by Lexington Public Schools Assistance Coordinator of PE and Wellness, Julie Fenn, LICSW and Prevention Specialist Kristie Demirev, LICSW to learn how middle school health class is educating students about the dangers of alcohol and drug abuse. Click for more »
When: Wednesday Dec. 6th 2017 @ 7:00 PM
Where: Diamond Middle School Library
- This December, Lexington voters will be asked to approve funding for the construction of three capital projects:
– Maria Hastings Elementary School
– Lexington Children’s Place (Pre-K)
– Fire Station Headquarters
These vital facilities are all operating in substandard buildings that are too small to handle the current and future needs of Lexington. Investing in these projects will improve the education system and public safety for all of Lexington. Greater detail about the needs and scope of each project are included in this attachment .
- LEXINGTON SKI CLUB For almost fifty years the Lexington Ski Club has catered to avid snow sport families. Members enjoy comfortable accommodations at our lodge located in the White Mountains, prepared hot meals during ski season, and after ski activities such as board games and ping pong. If your family likes to ski or snowboard and appreciates cooperative living, the Lexington Ski Club might be for you. Currently, we are accepting applications for new members. For additional information, please contact Joe Scholl at email@example.com or 781-891-1832 or visit our website www.lexski.org
- Monthly Welcome Coffees: You are invited! Lexington’s Community Coalition – Youth Initiative will be hosting monthly welcome coffees for families who are new to town. Click for more »
Times: Morning option 8:30 AM – 9:30 AM
Evening option 7:30 PM– 8:30 PM
Location: Lexington’s Community Center – 39 Marrett Road
Where: Central Registration Office, 8:30 AM – 9:30 AM or Lexington Community Center, 7:00 PM– 8:30 PM
- Lexington Singapore School is offering Singapore Math Free Trial Classes for Grades 6 to 8. Small class size and customized curriculum. Please join us for a free trial or call 781-530-0384 to find out more. Thank you.
To request for free trial: http://lexingtonsingapo reschool.com/free-trial-lesson/
- Boston Tutoring Services, LLC Boston Tutoring Services, LLC. is a private in-home tutoring company that provides one-on-one instruction for K-12 students throughout Massachusetts and Southern New Hampshire. Click for more »
- Korean Organization of Lexington
Building relationships and strengthening the community. Click for more »
Join our Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
Monthly Welcome Coffees: You are invited!
These informal gatherings help provide an overview of the town, school, and community services available. Bring your questions, and meet some friendly people! Get to know more about the community-service groups in town, including: ABCL, CAAL, IAL, IFAA, KOLex, LHRC, LICA, LNC, LPC, SEPAC & SEPTA
The purpose of Lexington’s Community Coalition is to support a welcoming community that values wellness, inclusivity, respect, empathy, responsibility, compassion, community, kindness, and peace.
The Lexington Community Coalition includes town and school departments, individual volunteers, and community organizations who collaborate to align resources to support youth (and their families).
Specifically, we are working together to:
Reduce alcohol & substance use
Decrease atmosphere of competition
Support mental health for youth & families
At each Welcome Coffee our co-hosts facilitate the gathering and help provide information. If we can’t answer a question, we will help find someone who can!
Contact: Lana (email@example.com); Mona (firstname.lastname@example.org); Peter (email@example.com); Jessie (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Learn more on Facebook: Lexington Community Coalition – Youth Initiative
Your Middle School Student and Substances- What Are They Learning and What You Should Know
Wednesday Dec. 6th 2017 @ 7:00 PM
Diamond Middle School Library
Come to this important session led by Lexington Public Schools Assistance Coordinator of PE and Wellness, Julie Fenn, LICSW and Prevention Specialist Kristie Demirev, LICSW to learn how middle school health class is educating students about the dangers of alcohol and drug abuse. Julie and Kristie will run attendees through best practices for parent awareness and teen safety. They will also discuss what we know about substance abuse in Lexington. This will be an interactive session and all are welcome.
(Sponsored by the Diamond and Clarke PTA and SHAC’s Substance Abuse Task Force
Please direct any questions to Martha Kurland@ MarthaKurland@gmail.com.)
Boston Tutoring Services, LLC. is a private in-home tutoring company that provides one-on-one instruction for K-12 students throughout Massachusetts and Southern New Hampshire. Established in 2010, Boston Tutoring Services has provided personalized instruction for over 1,000 students. Our experienced staff of over 60 tutors and admissions coaches are largely Massachusetts Certified Teachers with Master’s Degrees or higher. Boston Tutoring Services offers test preparation for the ISEE, SSAT, ACT, SAT, Boston Latin Exam, and High School Placement Test. Boston Tutoring Services offers Academic Subject Tutoring and MCAS
Preparation in English, Math, Science, Social Studies and Foreign Languages. For students applying to private school or college, Boston Tutoring Services offers Admission Consulting Services, including Essay Coaching and Interview Coaching.
Korean Organization of Lexington (KOLex) – Building relationships and strengthening the community
The Korean Organization of Lexington, KOLex, is created as a resource for Korean residents and for the town of Lexington. As a group we will work to support each other and work together with local officials and town members to help create a town that can further benefit from its local Korean residents.
코렉스는 렉싱턴타운과 이곳에 거주하는 한국인을 위한 도움처로 생성되었습니다.
우리는 렉싱턴에 거주하는 한국인모임으로서 서로 돕고 협력하며 타운공무원 및 주민들과 함께 더나은 렉싱턴을 만들어가겠습니다.
Please use the link below to join our email group.
아래의 링크를 사용하여 우리의 이메일 그룹에 가입하세요.
Please see below for the liaison at each school:
Bowman Elementary School – Eun Chung, email@example.com
Bridge Elementary School – Kristine Park, firstname.lastname@example.org
Estabrook Elementary School – MinJung Kim, email@example.com & Youn gsun Kim, firstname.lastname@example.org
Fiske Elementary School – BoKyung Shin, email@example.com
Harrington Elementary School – Susie Lee-Snell, firstname.lastname@example.org
Hastings Elementary School – JungSoon Park, email@example.com
Clarke Middle School – Seon Lee, firstname.lastname@example.org
Diamond Middle School – April Daciuk, email@example.com
Lexington High School – SongYi Kim, firstname.lastname@example.org