- Monthly Welcome Coffees: You are invited! Beginning this Wednesday May 3, 2017, Lexington’s Community Coalition – Youth Initiativewill be hosting monthly welcome coffees for families who are new to town. Click for more »
Where: Central Registration Office, 8:30 AM – 9:30 AM or Lexington Community Center, 7:00 PM– 8:30 PM
- Help Light Up Lincoln Field – View the Video and Donate! Check out the funny video on lightuplincoln.org to see what happens when kids don’t have lighted fields to play on. This is a community-led project to install permanent lights on field #2 at Lincoln Park in order to increase field capacity in Lexington. The project is being funded 100% by private donations. We are trying to get the bulk of the funds raised in April so that we can install the lights this summer. Upon completion, the lights will be donated to the Town for the benefit of the entire community. Please donate, and then share the video with your friends. Thank you, from Friends of Lincoln Field Lights.
- The Bridge Community is honored to be hosting the Quinn Amsler Memorial 5K Run and Walk Register by June 21st for the “early bird” $30 registration fee. Pre-race registration goes up to $35 on June 22. Late and same day registration is $45 and starts September 5th, 2017. Same day registration will be available but remember, bibs sold out last year. Click for more »
When: Saturday, September 23rd , Kid’s Fun Run – 9:15 AM,
5k – 10:00 AM
- LUSC Fall 2017 Soccer Registration Lexington United Fall 2017 registration for the K–2nd grade Soccer Saturdays at Diamond program is open. 1st and 2nd grade soccer starts September 9th, with 1st grade at 10:30am and 2nd grade at 8:30am. Kindergarten starts September 16th, with boys at 8:45am and girls at 10:45am.
To register: lexingtonunited.org
- Offerings from Lexington Recreation Department – Registration open now!
When: July 10 – July 28, July 31 – Aug 4, Aug 7 – 18th
Where: Hancock Church 1912 Mass Ave. Lexington
- Tufts University’s Center for Engineering Education and Outreach still has room in some of their Engineering and/or Robotic camps (See workshops for Kids on the left column), especially Girls Design and Engineering as well as Community Service: https://sites.google.com/site/ ceeooutreach/
Girls Design and Engineering Workshop The week will consist of open-ended mini-challenges using different materials and new technologies culminating in a larger user-centered design project. Students will explore the topics of simple electronics, human factors, programming, robotics, and user-centered design. The focus will be engineering, but special attention will be paid to the client and understanding problems to better address problems in design solutions.
When: 7/17 – 7/21, 9 AM – 3 PM
Grades: 6th-8th (Fall 2017)
Registration Link: tiny.cc/girlsdew
Community Service Engineers have the power to vastly improve the world around us. From creating technologies for people with disabilities and building structures that can withstand natural disasters to improving renewable energy sources and creating resources for people in third-world countries, engineers impact the world on a daily basis. Join us as we explore the ways in which engineers can change the world through a combination of robotic (LEGO MINDSTORMS EV3) and non-robotic, hands-on activities. Potential to earn service-learning credit for school.
Grades: 6th-8th (Fall 2017)
When: 7/24-7/28, 9 AM – 3 PM
- Lexington Debate Institute Sponsored by the Backers of Lexington Debate, Inc., a non-profit organization. All net proceeds from the Institute will benefit the Lexington Debate Team – Do you have a middle school student who enjoys a good argument? Shows interest in public policy or government? Are you looking to provide your child with summertime enrichment in public speaking and critical thinking? Click for more »
When: July 31 – August 11
Where: Lexington High School
- LexMedia will be hosting two summer filmmaking classes this summer.This summer 12 kids will gather at LexMedia to make a movie or a series of TV shorts. Click for more »
When: Aug 7th – Aug 11th, 11:00AM – 4:00AM
- Lexplorations Summer is coming! Join us this summer at Lexplorations, Lexington Community Education’s summer program. Click for more »
Contact: Lexington Community Education at 781-862-8043
- Boston Tutoring Services, LLC Boston Tutoring Services, LLC. is a private in-home tutoring company that provides one-on-one instruction for K-12 students throughout Massachusetts and Southern New Hampshire. Click for more »
- Korean Organization of Lexington
Building relationships and strengthening the community. Click for more »
Join our Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
Monthly Welcome Coffees: You are invited!
Beginning this Wednesday May 3, 2017, Lexington’s Community Coalition – Youth Initiativewill be hosting monthly welcome coffees for families who are new to town. Whether you just moved in, or have been here a little while and still feel new, please join us to learn more about Lexington’s town, school, and community services. These informal gatherings will offer a small refreshment, and a place to bring your questions and meet some friendly people. If we don’t have an answer, we will help you find the right person! Young children are welcome!
Join us at either our morning or evening time:
*Morning: at the Central Registration Office, 8:30 – 9:30 a.m. (located at the Central Administration Office, 146 Maple Street – GPS Address is 328 Lowell St., Lexington)
*Evening: at the Lexington Community Center, 7:00 – 8:30 p.m., (located at 39 Marrett Road, Lexington)
If you can’t make it this month watch for our June meeting options!
Questions? Contact: Jessie Steigerwald email@example.com
The Bridge Community is honored to be hosting the Quinn Amsler Memorial 5K Run and Walk
Saturday, September 23rd
Kid’s Fun Run – 9:15 AM 5k – 10:00 AM
Register by June 21st for the “early bird” $30 registration fee. Pre-race registration goes up to $35 on June 22. Late and same day registration is $45 and starts September 5th, 2017. Same day registration will be available but remember, bibs sold out last year.
High & Middle School Volunteers:
Race t-shirts will be available for purchase. Information will be provided soon.
All proceeds from the event will be donated to the Quinn Amsler Memorial Scholarship Fund at LHS.
The Quinn Bin will be available for the collection of new toys to be distributed at Dana Farber.
Quinn’s Corner is also seeking the donation of new or gently used books to create a reading space for children in local homeless shelters.
Summer Coding Camp 2017 for Middle Schoolers by Penguin Coding School
– Each student will work on their own project that they’ll be able to share with friends and family
– Dates: July 10 – July 28, Monday-Friday from 9am-3pm (weekly)
– Dates: July 31 – Aug 4, same time, (Girls Only)
– Sign Up here: http://www.penguincoding school.com/camp/website_ gaming_summercamp/
– Learn the basics of Java and build an Android app in 2 weeks
– Great introduction to computer programming before high school while building an actual app.
– Dates: Aug 7 – 18th, Monday-Friday from 9am-3pm (2 weeks)
– Sign Up here: http://www.penguincoding school.com/camp/java_android_s ummercamp/
– Small class size: max 6 students
– Tuition: $450/week
– Location: Hancock Church 1912 Mass Ave. Lexington
– Questions? firstname.lastname@example.org
Lexington Debate Institute
Dates: July 31-August 11
Location: Lexington High School
Sponsored by the Backers of Lexington Debate, Inc., a non-profit organization. All net proceeds from the Institute will benefit the Lexington Debate Team – Do you have a middle school student who enjoys a good argument? Shows interest in public policy or government? Are you looking to provide your child with summertime enrichment in public speaking and critical thinking? Send them to the Lexington Debate Institute! Registration for Summer 2017 is still open – and the May special, a 17% discount of $250, runs until May 25! Spots are filling up, so sign up soon!
Sponsored by the Backers of Lexington Debate, which supports the Lexington Debate Team, the Institute teaches the foundations of debate to students grades 6-9 interested in learning how to better advocate and research solutions to current issues affecting society.
Running weekdays from July 31 to August 11, and conveniently located at Lexington High School, the Institute is staffed by a qualified faculty of successful and respected debaters who are eager to educate your child about debate. Whether your child decides to pursue debate in high school or delve into other areas of interest, the Institute will help hone their critical thinking, research, and presentation skills in an exciting and educational environment.
Learn more about the Institute at lexdebateinstitute.com. For further information, email us at email@example.com, call us at 857-302- 0240, or join our last scheduled information session, May 23 at the high school from 7-8pm in Room 184 at LHS; directions are available on the website.
LexMedia will be hosting two summer filmmaking classes this summer.
The first class will be run by LexMedia and will be held Aug 7 – 11th. From 11am-4pm. Open to 10-13 year olds.
This summer 12 kids will gather at LexMedia to make a movie or a series of TV shorts. They will take part in every aspect of production. It starts with a concept that we agree on, then we develop that concept and add characters, we then write the script and develop the story. And that’s only the first day! The next 4 days are spent refining what we started, rehearsing, learning to use the cameras and sound equipment and shooting the scenes. This is a hands on class. During this time the kids work together as a team. Collaboration, mutual respect and fun are the main goals of this one week class series…. That and an amazing high quality HD production! Cost $300. For more details contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 781-862-5388.
The second class will be run by Pelham Island Pictures Film School. This class series runs for two weeks, Aug 14th – 25th.
for more information or to sigh up please go here: http://www.pelhamislandpictures.com/summerfilmschool/# introduction-1-1
Summer is coming! Join us this summer at Lexplorations, Lexington Community Education’s summer program for academic and creative enrichment for children grades K through 11. Registration is now open.
Questions? Please call Lexington Community Education at 781-862-8043 or visit http://www.lexingtoncommunityed.org
Boston Tutoring Services, LLC. is a private in-home tutoring company that provides one-on-one instruction for K-12 students throughout Massachusetts and Southern New Hampshire. Established in 2010, Boston Tutoring Services has provided personalized instruction for over 1,000 students. Our experienced staff of over 60 tutors and admissions coaches are largely Massachusetts Certified Teachers with Master’s Degrees or higher. Boston Tutoring Services offers test preparation for the ISEE, SSAT, ACT, SAT, Boston Latin Exam, and High School Placement Test. Boston Tutoring Services offers Academic Subject Tutoring and MCAS
Preparation in English, Math, Science, Social Studies and Foreign Languages. For students applying to private school or college, Boston Tutoring Services offers Admission Consulting Services, including Essay Coaching and Interview Coaching.
Korean Organization of Lexington (KOLex) – Building relationships and strengthening the community
The Korean Organization of Lexington, KOLex, is created as a resource for Korean residents and for the town of Lexington. As a group we will work to support each other and work together with local officials and town members to help create a town that can further benefit from its local Korean residents.
코렉스는 렉싱턴타운과 이곳에 거주하는 한국인을 위한 도움처로 생성되었습니다.
우리는 렉싱턴에 거주하는 한국인모임으로서 서로 돕고 협력하며 타운공무원 및 주민들과 함께 더나은 렉싱턴을 만들어가겠습니다.
Please use the link below to join our email group.
아래의 링크를 사용하여 우리의 이메일 그룹에 가입하세요.
Please see below for the liaison at each school:
Bowman Elementary School – Eun Chung, email@example.com
Bridge Elementary School – Kristine Park, firstname.lastname@example.org
Estabrook Elementary School – MinJung Kim, email@example.com & Youn gsun Kim, firstname.lastname@example.org
Fiske Elementary School – BoKyung Shin, email@example.com
Harrington Elementary School – Susie Lee-Snell, firstname.lastname@example.org
Hastings Elementary School – JungSoon Park, email@example.com
Clarke Middle School – Seon Lee, firstname.lastname@example.org
Diamond Middle School – April Daciuk, email@example.com
Lexington High School – SongYi Kim, firstname.lastname@example.org